Mastodon

10.6.15

Project IV/15

A jadeless falcon


To return back to this planet, I popped a F-16A Falcon from my work queue. There was a silly propaganda plane on the box artwork, and I sure as hell wasn't going to mix my hands in those.


First things first, I checked the instructions so I'd know what sort of a project to except. This is not what I thought I'd see: the kit had even less pieces than in the astonishingly simple N/AW 'hog! Based on the last step this plane at least came with pylons, so I might not have to resort to any DIY hacks when I consider arming this plane.


Your eyes are not deceiving you, the kit consists of two sprues, a two-piece canopy and the top half of the airframe. For some reason (I still am not an expert in these modern-ish flying things) there was not a single seam moulded on either piece - or I was just staring at them too cross-eyedly. I guess I'll get some sort of clarity on that later on.
I didn't bother looking at the decals yet, as I was still so annoyed by the decals on the 'hog project.


No comments:

Post a Comment