Mastodon

3.10.18

A couple of hours worth of tinkering

Almost done during a single sitting

The topside of the saucer looked a bit odd to begin with, as the C-shaped plate that gave it its shape was closed up into a donut. The front bit that hid, among other things, the Arakyd ST2 Concussion Missile Launchers also covered up this structural feature.


What I found very bothersome was the corridor to the cockpit and the cockpit itself, being built out of a single peculiarly shaped piece. Either I had managed to twist the pieces into a stupid shape or something just was blocking. I decided that I wasn't going to break it (yet) with violence but I'd fight it only when I absolutely had to and not a millisecond earlier.


Interestingly I really couldn't remember that the Falcon had those vertical winglets on top of the main engine's exhaust port. That of course didn't mean that they hadn't always existed.


The B-side

The underside of the saucer progressed just about as nicely as the top side. Maybe a bit faster, as now I knew by experience how this model worked.


Again the baseplate didn't give the name of the model. Of course there were the Lucas Licensing markings (this time I bent those on the inside so they wouldn't be ruining my visuals). So, below you'd see what I got done in the first session, only joining the halves together and adding the left/right side docking ports / escape pod launchers / whatnots were left for the next evening. Forgot to take any photos of the remaining three steps, sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment