Mastodon

31.10.18

Finished: Project II/18

Boba Fett's vehicle

Mumblings

In my assembly mumblage I did rant about how incredibly long building this vessel took. The main reason for that were the numerous curved - and at that point unsupported (unlocked) - surfaces. Compared to the Falcon's less than two hours this one consumed almost five hours.

A few of the pieces felt like they'd break any moment while bending and/or installing them. The long-cursed dish was something that got its attachment bits (or the targets) apparently bent so out of shape that they couldn't be used, since I guess I had them misaligned on my first attempt. Whatever was ruined wasn't salvageable with my skills, this time.

Slave I

The legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett inherited Slave I, a Firespray-31 class patrol and attack craft from his suddendly and surprisingly deceased father figure. According to the old stories these ships were used by some planetary police forces, in the times before the mass-invalidation of the Extended Universe, and I haven't bothered to keep myself up to date on the new timeline.

In this model none of the sneakily hidden features and extra weapons were displayeed (some of the hatches/doors were there, for whoever recognized them), only the lower hull's twin blaster cannons were there to be seen. In case my memory served, the normal variant had laser guns instead, but looks-wise I didn't think it made much difference.

Imagery

Below's the traditional set of eight spin-around images. I almost got my balding head reflected in the canopy of the first photo, but luckily for all of us I ducked before taking the photo. Seems like I should take a full encirclement with A4 approach for these shiny models instead of just below and behind. Now the reflections ended up containing the assistant 2's chair, my fingers and who knew what else that really had no business in being there.









To wrap things up here's a couple of extra photos. The point of the middle one was mostly to show the otherwise less visible details of the inside of the handle-shape. Sadly the wings could not be rotated for a "landed" pose and some appropriate quotes.




No comments:

Post a Comment