Mastodon

23.1.19

Priming and basecoating

A sandy base to Tunisia, for example

I airbrushed the vast majority of the plane's surfaces with a sandy colour (VMA 71246 Yellow Brown) that wasn't Dunkelgelb but looked pretty decent to me, especially after it had dried. Maybe I'd modulate it a bit when I reached the late stage of the painting process.




Not quite cerulean bellyside

The RLM blue (VMA 71101 Hellblau RLM78) wasn't that sky blue to my awful eyes, more like something from the endlessly grery, raincloudy, late November, but who was I to declare to an air ministry of how to name their paints. This was definitely supposedly be in the very core of their domain, not mine. Anyway, my image of this paintjob was a bit "toned down". That didn't mean it was wrong, just different from my own personal expectations. So, nothing new in the land of the Project Mumblings!





No comments:

Post a Comment