Mastodon

12.6.19

Preparing for the repriming

Cockpit work

There wasn't much to do but to clean some corners around viewport. Most likely no one would notice anything, as I didn't really say anything based on the photos afterwards...

At this point I just cut off tiny bits of masking tape and covered the installation points of the two seats. Just to allow for easier gluing later on.


The landing gear

Obviously I had no recollection how the landing gear bay doors were installed, where the attachment points were not to mention how tightly I had glued them on. Luckily already a tiny bit of poking with the point of the hobby knife revealed the weak points and the hatches came off very easily and cleanly.

I cleaned the injector marks from the hatches where I had left them so many years ago. Dry-fitting the doors made me think if they'd like some tiny cables running around, but most likely I wasn't going to do anything of the sort. They'd only be visible if one took the model in their hands and made an effort to see everything everywhere.


My largest foreseeable headache in this change I had decided to make were the landing gear feet, that I had practically just torn off with some violence. Maybe a couple of bits of paperclips as "bones" bones would improve the structural integrity so that the damn thing wouldn't just fall on its belly after a random delay.


No comments:

Post a Comment