Mastodon

3.5.12

Pics: Model Expo 2012 II

Lian, take a good look at this...

Palikkatakomo's stand had other exciting things than just the Minecraft-Steve I mentioned in my previous post. These guys had built insane things, such as the largest modular city in the whole country (at least). Incredible, insane, but also cool. There was a lot more stuff being presented and going on than in the earlier years.

The first glimpse at the insane city


They had German tanks, too!

A camo built out of lego, never seen that before



Smaller modules

I managed to take these photos stupidly with the glare of the early morning sun, I apologize for my uselessness. And that that I didn't realize it while I was taking the pictures, when I could've taken new ones to compensate. Maybe one can imagine seeing something from these?




The Moducity itself

Servicing the crane


Some mad person is diving in the middle of the swimming pool

Even the Ghostbusters were around

I noticed the Bluesmobile only after a lenghty chat

Some thoughts

Their buildings were just insane. All kinds of tiny details and silly happenings were to be found all around and there was much, much more than meets the eye. Sometimes it took a few glances before a certain detail jumped out. At least I saw something even though I know that most of the fun stuff avoided my poor eyes.

As a practical example: I was looking at the bridge for a good while and thought it was pretty neat. Then I started chatting with the guys at the stand and kept looking around. At some point I suddendly realized that the car that's jumping over the bridge is the Bluesmobile!
Of course the earliness of the morning or the lack of caffeine in my system had nothing to do with my slowness ;)

The cities I built as a kid have absolutely nothing to do with these, but then again, this complex was built by quite a few people and you can tell. The complete set is hilarious and impressive altogether. Maybe the Palikkatakomo people come up with something even sicker next year?

Best of Show

While I was writing this I notice that the modular city had won the award for the Best of Show. Not without merit, if you ask me. Congrats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment