Mastodon

19.6.13

Tinkertinkertinkertinker

Engine nozzles

These engine nozzles were in an interesting shape to say the least. As you can see in the photo, there's a ridiculous mold line in the middle of the damn things. It didn't take more than a couple of minutes to file that garbage out of the way, I was just baffled. Maybe it's just the age showing or a weird, weird planning in general.


Wings

Next step: I smashed the wings on and left the plane on its roof to allow the wings to cure in a proper-looking position. Thanks to that I couldn't attach the rest of the control surfaces and I'll just do that a bit later.  Though as it [the model] was belly-up, I went and glued the landing gear doors on. The setting up was fascinating to say the least because there were no attaching points anywhere, all I had was the tiny studs but no holes for them, so the only guidance was the tiny strut in the front of the landing gear well.

The landing gear itself will be built and painted separately and attached only in the end, whenever the whole plane has been painted. That's wisest, I believe.


No comments:

Post a Comment