II decided to start painting with Dunkelgelb, as usual, and that the lower hull would be mostly painted that way. So, in short, that's what I did: I airbrushed about a third of the road wheels etc, the bottom hull almost completely with it (VMA 71.081) and applied a bit of a pattern to the rear. Then, for the turret and the top hull I pulled a pattern from my magical hat and painted it.
IIThe next evening I took about half of the unpainted road wheels and did them with brown (VMA 71041) and painted some stripes and shapes on the hull and the turret as well. I tried to keep the pattern, but so that I'd fix up errors done with the Dunkelgelb portions. Not that the result was perfect at this stage, but I didn't worry about it as I was still missing the third round of painting.
Then again, a perfect paintjob might not be the awesomest goal, if you keep in mind that it wasn't perfect on the field, either. My honest opinion is still the same: fussing is pointless and having fun is more enjoyable than "hobby-naziing".
IIIAs everybody knows, the third and last colour for my camo was green (VMA 71.096) and when I thought I was done, I realized that I had forgotten to paint any kind of a pattern on the lower front of the Panther. It really couldn't stay 100% Dunkelgelb, so I had to prepare for a fixup round. Whoops.