Mastodon

29.10.14

Catwalks

I know they aren't called catwalks but I just felt like it anyway. Maybe someone more seamanly than myself knows the exact, proper term for them? Anyway, as I was tinkering for a very short while yesterday evening, I glued in all four pieces of these planks. To accompany them I added some cylinders and a thing for hooking stuff on in the front of the U-Boat. And last but not least something that I assume to be completely covered by the conning tower later on (and what I did not recognize) was set up. But then I ran out of time (and my super eager assistant came to poke at everything) and could do no more. Maybe even today I get to advance a step or two.






Precautions

I have decided, that due to their potential fragileness I shall leave the planes off for the time being. That's because this model is enormous and I have to flip it around quite often, they would be in constant danger of being banged into something and maybe even being broken off violently. So, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment