14.6.17

Project VI/17

Revell's ISD

This 1:12300 scale Imperial-class Star Destroyer was, as I have mentioned earlier, a yule gift for the Project Assistant. I hadn't even primed her Ka-50 when she came to ask me to build this. Her idea was to paint this one either brown or pink. Despite these threats of iconoclasty I took this one to be worked on. And yes, my reports have been somewhat off from the real world lately, can't help it :D


The instructions

As somehow expected, the instructions were ultrasimple. I really couldn't think why this kit was marked at difficulty 3 out of 5. Maybe there was some kind of deep wisdom that I just couldn't see.




I was really amused when I found the decal sheet. With one decal. And that one was to be slapped onto the front of the display stand.


The bits

All the pieces for this model fit in two small sprues. The pieces were decently sized and at least at a first glance they looked nicely detailed, especially the main hull pieces. Now if someone made a modern version of the MPC/ERTL kit...


No comments:

Post a Comment