Mastodon

26.6.19

My new airbrush cleaning jar

A multifunctional jar

In the turn of '18/19 the Yule Goat or his henchfolk brought me a jar for cleaning up my airbrush. The 3-in-1 on the box meant that in addition to the self explanatory part the pot also had an airbrush holder that was handier than keeping the damn thing between my teeth while taking a rushed photo or refilling the paint container a tiny bit more. And the third feature? The lid had a three-compartment bottom molded in, which could be used for mixing paints, when the lid was set upside down. That's something I didn't try out so I couldn't comment on its usefulness.


That black thing on top was the airbrush holder. In front of it (to the right) one could maybe notice a hole, that was an exhaust opening (a round filter apparently of cotton was inserted on the inside of it). For the cleaning up process about 3cm of water was to be added into the container itself.


Testing, testing

When priming the Lambda-class shuttle I tried out 66,666...% of the features offered by the cleaning jar, as I guess I somehow said already. The holder was handy and sturdier than I had thought originally. Cleaning up the airbrush was much cleaner, considering the surroundings, and also less smelly than without this thingamagick.

Perhaps the wonderfulness of the cleaning pot would be much more apparent on a different building/painting process or its phase, where I was using small, quick batches of numerous different paints. I'd know better after doing that myself, so maybe I'd remember to comment on that later on in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment