Mastodon

19.6.19

Reprimage

Pointless or not

It was more or less based on a coin toss if it made any sense to reprime this huge model white before going repainting in shades of everlightening greys. Still I decided to do it because I had found so much unpainted surface to begin with, added more with my greeblies and sandings. That made it more appealing than laziness. Besides, painting over white would show much more clearly what I'd done and what I had not.

Round one

All in all this fresh coat of primer took three sessions over three evenings. The pics show some work in progress moments from different angles. I wasn't aiming for a perfect coating, mostly because my airbrush nozzle was not designed for vast surfaces (especially over time, but I guess I could've used some retardant to make that a bit easier). For that sort of stuff I'd need a different nozzle altogether. Anyway, I had to admit that the shuttle looked better white than grey.





No comments:

Post a Comment