12.12.11

Both bases are filled and my Omnis look decent

This is how easily and nicely landscaping is done: apply some white glue on the base and then dip it in the handy Woodland Scenics Ballast. Ka-ching! Now they're a bit different from both the earlier plasticy Inner Sphere 'Mechs and the metallic OmniMechs I built and painted years ago. As we remember clearly, those got an equally simple surface of sand + foliage.

It doesn't make any difference, I just wanted to try and see how that Ballast stuff looks under the 'Mechs :)

After a short while of letting the glue dry I applied a couple of new spots of it on several ugly-looking holes. Then I pushed a tiny fleck of foliage to cover the points of failure. Plus a couple of fake bushes were added here and there over the bases to give them a bit more of a look.
Because of the vegetables and the general grey tone of the 'Mechs it didn't make any sense to go and paint the ballast coating gray like I did with the Imperial X-Wing project. This way these tin cans have some warmer colours around them, even though the war is cold, cruel and it never changes.



The following few weeks my posts will contain more or less revisits on already built things like the IS 'Mechs and whatnot, because I shall not be posting anything while I'm on my winter holidays.. And I'll post even less while we're moving.
There's always no time to build and paint but we'll get to it - in a new apartment, with a new calendar and new Projects 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment