Mastodon

24.7.19

The white bits, part 2

Finishing the wings

This was a pretty straightforward step in my project, plodding on the same tracks as the last time. Now I mixed my paint much more angrily, so the annoying half-dry paint spatters didn't cause issues

I begun by painting the bits I held onto before and proceeded to touch up the greebled trenches in the wings, just to be sure. Some of those needed another run, anyway.

Then I rotated the wings up and in a neverending circular motion airbrushed them with off-white. To finish up the session I attacked a few sections again, such as the shoulder-mounted double blasters' curved shield plates and the front edges of the hull armour (the front-facing surfaces I just covered with a post-it note to keep them not turning white by accident).


A generic look-around

Just to show how the whole thing had changed I took photos from the back and the front, also to show the greeblies. Of course they'd be much more impressive if the photos weren't scaled down so far, but I wasn't going to upload massive pics just to show a #wip feature.



I was surprisingly happy with the effect at this point. Of course there were some things that I was going to end up fixing still, but that's how it's always been and will remain so.

No comments:

Post a Comment