Mastodon

31.3.21

Legsies

A rohbut stands on its legs

Assembling Optimus started with the legs, the left shin to be more exact. As I've only lived through the G1/G2 properly, those box-protected wheels were a bit odd to me. Still, it looked plausible enough for me.

Left shin work-in-progress

The thigh was almost ridiculously easy to set up and attach, as there were no fancy details or submodules. In the upper part of the leg, those two fan-like bits made me slightly cautious: had I prebent them at proper angles or was I going to have to fight them later on?

Left leg

Left leg, wheels visible

Right leg

The next identical but mirrored component was pretty quickly done. With these second copies the biggest problem in my mind has been that, even as they've been faster to do becaues I've known what goes where in which order and I have spotted some optimizations in my build process, it has carried a risk of overconfidence. That's why I've actively slowed myself down, to work on these a bit more calmly.

A leg and a shin

Both legs done, standing on their own

No comments:

Post a Comment