Mastodon

28.4.21

Finished: Project III/21

Optimus prime

So, the high difficulty rating stamped brightly onto the packaging had raised my concern-o-meter, but no one told how the difficulty had been calibrated. Of the individual pieces the most difficult were the exhaust pipes, because I didn't have anything to roll them into cylinders, so they ended up being something weird instead. Or maybe they were expected to be like that, and I was just mentally locked to the smokestacks of the G1 toy.

All in all this was a very pleasant build, the subject was exciting and the model itself was decently straightforward. I even managed to keep my foul fingerprints nicely off the shiny external surfaces.

Basic photos

Below I left the usual set of photos around the model. Optimus' pose was surprisingly backwards-leaning, perhaps he was admiring the Underbase rising in the horizon?







Comparison shots

Of course I rushed to take photos of Optimus Prime next to the Bumblebee I had built the last time. Clearly these two models were not made to the same scale in any sense of the word.


The leader of the Autobots was pretty shiny and as if he had just taken a shower in a car (truck?) wash, especially when compared to lord Megatron who had a couple of years on the shelf. I imagined that Megatron's surface had suffered over time, but no, he had come here with a duller armour plating to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment