Mastodon

20.2.19

Finished: Project IV/18

Ju-87 B-2 trop

According to Wikipedia the Stuka B was the first mass-produced model and the B-2 was also had a tropical variant. So, the idea I had completely pulled out of my hat was a technically believableish solution! This has not happened often here.

S 7 + A T

At some point a couple of those claw-like bits from the bottom of the airframe had fallen off, ended who knows where and I had no idea where. On this "no glue needed" model, no less. I guess I could've gone all my wip pics and posts backwards to find out, but what'd it fix at this point?

Below I have dropped my traditional walk-around -like photoset from a distance more or less that someone could actually have had while walking around a real world example. I didn't think of hunting down a few same-scale little folks to provide that sort of scale.












Perhaps I should finally consider seriously buing one of those ~40¤ collapsable photobox, I saw one at the office last autumn, it looked convenient enough. I mean, I've survived so far the way I've done my silly photos, sometimes bothering to gimp off the silliest nonsense to /dev/null, but if I could get away with less effort...







Recycling

Because I could, I took the baseplate I had made for an ancient MiG-29 project, even though a more serious hobbyist could assume that there weren't maybe that many ill-maintained, prefab-concrete slab airfields (or airplane parking areas for that matter) in the early '40s. With the dry grass and wind-blown sand the plate somehow felt like it fit the mood of the model. Someone who wasn't that suspicious of ending on weird watchlists could almost hear the fliers singing Stuka über Afrika! or something like it. Those krauts sure got busy making up weird-ass songs... wtf.





No comments:

Post a Comment