Mastodon

23.10.19

Undercarriage IV

The right landing gear

After I had updated my superglue bottle to a fresh one I attacked the second landing gear bay. This time the glue solidified noticeably faster, which wasn't really a surprise. Of course the landing gear
pieces were unequal compared to each other, so my aftermarket pistons were going to be of different sizes. I followed the same routine, so instead of repeating myself for a change I just decided to share the results below.



My shuttle was still not standing straight. Though, being cockpitless it was noticeably rear-heavy, so it wouldn't have stood straight in any case but kept falling on its back.

The landing gear bay doors

After getting those done I stopped to ponder for a good while whether or not I should attach the bay doors or not. Not gluing them on dependent on me greebling their surroundings or doing something else noteworthy. Ultimately the painting of the landing gear bays  weighed more than the outsides of the doors, so I glued them in. At this point I still had time and the space to add some random decorative cables or something else, should the inspiration strike.




At this point I glued the rotating wings solidly in place. I was noticeably less distressed by it while gluing it than what I had excepted. I mean, I was sealing something off against my original and strong decision - and a general approach of mine to keep things adjustable as far as possible.

Bonus feature: the windshield

Something made me look at it again and I realized that the windshield was obscenely dirty. I washed it gently with dishwashing solution and the difference was indeed amazing. Now, should I go and paint its outer frame edges rubbery, after all?


No comments:

Post a Comment