Mastodon

30.10.19

Back to prepwork

Laying the groundwork - again

I had gotten pretty frustrated with the look of the bottom rear end of the shuttle. One evening I finally grabbed the putty and filled the remaining chasms between the hull and the neat, rounded bit that mostly frames the engine exhaust ports. For safety and security I allowed it until the next day before I returned to it.


After the paranoidly long curing time I cleaned the area with sanding paper (150, if my memory didn't fail me again). It was better now. I also cleaned up some odd and weird paint blobs with the old x-acto knife. All of this was going to be repainted anyway, as I had left it untouhced when priming and painting the rest of the model.


Extra bonus

At long last I had made up my mind and painted the edges of the windshield / viewport glass to look rubbery (VMA 71315 Tyre black). Somehow the extra dark edge felt concerning to me, on a generally very light model, but I thought that as I had done this same exact thing on real world planes, it ought to work just fine. And the inside of the cockpit was dark anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment