Mastodon

13.11.19

Father's day 2019

20th Anniversary Edition Slave I

To celebrate a Sunday in autumn I got to get my hands on a boxful of Lego. In addition to the obvious Boba Fett, Han Solo and a carbonite slab there were also two other bounty hunters in Slave I's box, Zuckuss and 4LOM, and a princess Leia on a small pedestal, as the series has been doing (Darth Vader came with a Revenge of the Sith packet with an All-Terrain Scout Walker or something, that I received in the summer).



*builds*

I spent a couple of hours of that Sunday, when all the actually important things were taken care of. This time my assistants didn't feel like lending a hand, though. As my process has been, I took a few silly wip photos, about after each bagful of bits got done (there were 8 in total). The ship's shape slowly revealed itself and even though the photos can't tell you, the thing weighed quite a bit.




A foldable swooshing handle!







Finished! It was a bit of a shame that Slave I couldn't be set to stand in the flight mode, for that one would need to build a separate stand, that could be connected to the swooshing handle, for example. Now if I only had excess Technic Lego at hand anymore...



No comments:

Post a Comment