Mastodon

2.11.22

Finished: Project V/22

Draconis Combine - 5. Sword of Light

Funny thing, the last time I was declaring something in this paint pattern completed, I said I should get more of them. That was over a decade ago now. Apparently I've had many things on my mind since, but it was interesting to check what I have been promising or planning over the years. And to be honest, it was a fact that there ought to be more of these lightsword units, one or two sets of four.

SL-17 Shilone



Mumblings

This Shilone was a fun addition to my strange BattleTech collection, but I really didn't see this one end up on the table anytime soon. Not only because the last game was almost ten years ago while the next one has been in a limbo, but because we really haven't used flying things. In addition to the basics of the Zoom & Boom method I also had no real clue of how these units were used in a 'Mech-heavy BT game.

To paint this was a nicely simple and I really liked that it had its own decent stand. The model itself was in a completely different scale than my tiny tiny Sabutais, which was a plus for the painting side of life. My engine glow effect could've end up prettier, but for that I guess I should've needed even smaller brushes. Still, I had a lot of good time and that was the key factor here.

Specs

With its 65 tons Shilone belonged to the Medium class. Used the flying devices in one singly BT game I really didn't know anything about its durability, speed, propellant, even if they were mentioned in Sarna. For what it was worth, a Shilone was good enough to incapacitate a Sovetskii Soyuz -class heavy cruiser, if you flew it through the command centre's viewports

Armaments

I had commented on the tools of violence while painting, but here they were for clarity. In the nose, below the cockpit, there was a front-facing LRM-20 launcher. Next to the cockpit, in one of the wing folds, was a Large Laser. Around the midpoints of the wings there was a single Medium Laser, on each side. Finally, in the base of the leftmost horizontal stabilier a rear-facing SRM-4 launcher was protecting the six.

Photos

This time the offering was a collection of blue-background photos. Maybe suitable for an ASF unit? Looking at the focusing, I should use the actual camera instead of taking these with the work phone.








No comments:

Post a Comment