Mastodon

9.11.22

Project VI/22

A time machine in a DeLorean

This Spring we took a long weekend abroad, and the target location happened to have a Lego store. Of course we visited the thing as soon as we saw it, on the first afternoon. I exclaimed out loud "hey these have a dozen time machines here!", but I didn't grab one straight away because I didn't think we could carry it back home. My partner was confident we'd make it if we just transported the bit bags themselves. I decided that I'd fetch one before we left.

Then the thrice-cursed tourists cleaned the shelves of the LEGO 10300 sets. I swore. A lot. Once again.

Later I got hinted of a new batch arriving to Verkkokauppa.com so I placed my order. They claimed it'd be delivered at some point in the Summer. Somehow I had missed the original first batch and the lego.com store didn't look promising, either, so this was one chance.

I had almost forgotten the whole thing when I finally got a "come fetch it" message to my inbox. That was several months after I could've already happily carried a set home, but such is life.


There were some more stickers than I expected. Somehow I thought that at least the time displays (here you were, here you are, here you are going to go to) would've been printed, as well as the lid of the Plutonium box. Small details, I wasn't bothered by those, I just liked the printed ones more because I didn't have a fantastic track record for aligning stickers.


Great Scott!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment