Mastodon

14.12.22

Project VII/22

Lego 10497

One day not too long ago, in the grocery store, we had divided into two groups for the last items. I ended up being at the cash registers first. My spouse came a bit later with the Project Assistants, showed the Galaxy Explorer box I had been drooling at for weeks. "Didn't you want this, or do we just return it?"

Box

Of course we didn't return it. Luckily (or unluckily?) they didn't also have the Lion Knight's Castle on the shelves. In the Project Mumblings household my spouse and the Project Assistant I didn't appreciate the Classic Space look but thought that this was a fugly construct. Heretics.


Concerning the instructions

Just the mere front cover of the instructions made me giggly, admiring the logo of the space lego. I was indubitably in the most fruitful cohort, as I loved these things when space lego set were at their peak. Sadly I never had the original Galaxy Explorer myself, neither did my cousins who gave their lego to me when they were disinterested already.

Should they ever make a modern version like this of the 6929, the Starfleet Voyager, I'd buy it without blinking. I had the original and it was awesome. That ship, too, had an openable space in the rear of the craft for stowing tools and whatnot.

Looking at the space theme's timeline I was wondering if the two-coloured space coats and visored helmets really came out that early? Apparently they did. I also had an almost complete collection of the Ice Planet sets, I think I was only missing some of the smallest boxes.

A healthy amount of pieces

This would eat a couple of pleasant evenings, easily. Depending on how much Project Assistant II or the cats would want to pretend to help...

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment