Mastodon

5.4.23

Jagdpanzering 15

Fifteenth session

Well, I couldn't leave the left track looking like that, now could I? Had I originally planned to make this into a diorama or as a damaged vehicle, I think I'd been pretty happy with the way it was. But I hadn't, so I had this nagging in the back of my mind. 

In hindsight it was great that I dropped my working gloves when I noticed my annoyance levels increasing, as pretty soon afterwards I recognized how to fix it best and with the least amount of frustration: leaving it alone immediately and returning the next evening. Now I got back to my model, measured the missing bit, and built a new one.

Track fix

While the replacement track piece's gluework was curing, I loosened up the last session's hanging nonsense with liquid cement. The misplaced pieces came off pretty nicely.

Now that the crap was off, I slipped the replacer into place and poked it a bit to give it some more natural sag as it went over the return roller. This was better than what I had a few minutes earlier, but still evilly much uglier than the right side's track.


Painting!

Having finally gotten my model to this stage I could dig out my painting tools. The compressor, my Badger, the cleanup jar, paints, the acrylic thinner, and the airbrush cleaner. I didnt think of the camo scheme yet, as I knew I couldn't get that far in one silly session.

Primer

As my primer I used the same red that I used in my latest Königstiger (VSP 70624 Pure Red). Applying thin layers the model was nicely constantly touch-dry in some corner.






Dunkelgelb

According to some tank painting ministry's order from year something-or-other I basecoated my Tank Destroyer with Dunkelgelb. I didn't start playing with paint modulation, I just airbrushed the paint (VMA 71025 Dunkelgelb RAL7028) straight from the bottle onto my model. My painting order with the basecoat was the exact same I had used for the primer, I just cared about the tracks a tiny bit less on this round.

At this point my camo game was still completely open for anything and everything. I could take any silly path, or even leave it as it was, like one of the serving suggestion images of the box showed.








No comments:

Post a Comment