Mastodon

13.3.19

Another leg day

The rest of the bipedaling bits

I continued working on the left leg for the short time that was remaining. That being the installation of the foot into the ankle and then restarting the process for the right leg.



The finished legs were tightly installed into the base of the hip. This subassembly then was to be attached to the baseplate and because the legs were pointing arrow-straight (Picture 3) they needed to be forced open a bit so that they'd connect with the base in a bit less stiff pose (Picture 4). This wasn't the first time when a "completed" component had to be bent or twisted against the connectors and especially against its own natural angles and that has made me queasy every single time it's been done. I really, really didn't want to break them at this point when I couldn't fix or cheat my way out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment