Mastodon

20.3.19

No torso twists here

Center of mass

After working on the legs the next natural piece was the hip chunk that was practically, as his alternative form required, the control button set of a ghettoblaster: ffwd and rwd buttons, a massive play button and the stop/rec buttons that oddly enough had the same identical engravings on them. Maybe I could survive this weirdness.



To accompany the hip controls I assembled the main torso, that being the cassette deck part of his. Somehow all these MEM sets that had this funny "this flilmsy bit here will be held a millimeter from everything else with these even flimsier tiny risers here" parts have always ended up being out of shape in my not too gentle hands.


Somehow, while assembling these tiny boxes, I just got the feeling that I wasn't doing any real progress at all. Just when I was about to complain the instructions directed me to stack these submodules into their places and the guy just progressed by leaps and bounds. Attaching all these '80s-style boxiness was quick and fun, the tiny 45-degree angles didn't slow it down at all.


Just look at him, he's already very recognizeable! All that was missing were the arms, the head and the whoknowswhat from his shoulder. Almost done.


No comments:

Post a Comment