Mastodon

10.4.19

A minion for the forearm

Laserbeak!

Soundwave was now mostly completed, now I was strangely enough, instructed to work on one of his minions before his head or the shoulder-mounted Laser Cannon. The colourless bird could've been named either way, I decided to default to Laserbeak.


The top half consisted mostly of the torso plate, head and those engine-gun bits on the back. Lots of tiny bends were to be made but it turned out very recognizeable very quickly.



Finishing Laserbeak up was decently simple a task. Connect the legs to the belly part: check; belly part's edges up: check. Then connecting that piece to the top half was otherwise very easy but the backmost attachment piece came out so tactically close to every other subassembly that my poor eyes gave me a hard time seeing what went where and what was I actually supposed to twist and bend for proper tightness.


Below: a completed Laserbeak on the back of my hand. It wasn't large by any measure, even though you might not be able to get a clear sense of scale from this silly pic.


Next I installed Soundwave's missing arm on its place before proceeding. The instructions wanted the left arm to be pointing forward but I had gone and mirrored the other arm, not noticing the tiny difference in the booklet.

So, Laserbeak didn't quite fit sitting as it was supposed to be, on the forearm, but there was always going to be space on the shoulders of his master. Maybe with some gentle violence I could make him sit on the arm, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment