Mastodon

25.8.19

A storm of nines

def get_blog_age(self):
    age = 9 # ref. Rise of Skywalker
    return age

Right. Nine full years done. This last year has been a slow one, kinda like the previous one was, if you were looking at it from the scale modeling perspective. Other, more pressing things have eaten much more time and those have not fit the theme requirements of this silly blog.

Pygame

I'm somewhat ashamed of admitting this publicly, but the python bit up there was my first (and ridiculous) three rows of code since April 2018! Maybe at some point I should get up to speed and install python 3, a new pygame and their friends on my 'puter to rejoin my goalless game project. Most likely I'd push the existing codebase to /dev/null and begin with something new, because just looking at the post history the last time I wrote about it was five years ago (part IX, what a coincidence!).

Gaming

Yes, I admit, I've been pretty lazy over the last couple of years and easily jumped on reducing my incredibly Steam backlog. In a sense it's been good that the Project Assistant I has enjoyed Minecraft more and more, as that has caused some competition over keyboard time on my machine and I've then had less convenient excuses for slacking off with modelings.

In the 'Mumblings I've only mumbled about Battletech and Stellaris (spoiler warning: that one's still waiting for its turn after SHU Ondiv's cycle) because I have somehow thought that no one would be too interested in my comments about Stacking, Costume Quest, Brütal Legend, Bridge Constructor Portal, Deadbolt, Broken Age, Mudrunner or the old Shadow Warrior, nor that I had anything interesting to say about them. Perhaps I'd jump next on to Production Line, it might prove cool with its Factorio influences. Could be cool, could be boring for you, I'll make up my mind much, much later.


Scale models

During the last 365 days I have started a decent-ish amount (6) of models, of which four were made by Metal Earth Models. There's been a YT-1300 LF, Slave I, Tiger I, Soundwave and Ju-87, with the still-ongoing restoration of the Lambda-class Shuttle. The last two were the only ones have been tagged for this year, the last four were all of last year's cases (my working and reporting schedules have been gently offset lately: the IX/2017 wrapping up came out almost exactly a year ago) were built in the last months of 2018, the final one's reportage ended up early 2019. If you thought about it, a project per two months wasn't too bad, but as the MEM sets have always lasted a few silly evenings a piece, the time has disappeared somewhere.

This year looked like, should I say, embarrassing this way. Maybe I could finish up three projects. And what would I go for after the shuttle? The Königstiger w/ interior has been waiting for three years now, easily, should that get bumped to the top of the pile? That one wouldn't end up being done in this time, though...

Numbers through the history

for number in numbers:
    crunch(number)

All in all, at the time of writing this post I had typoed up 486 posts, of which 2 were still in the draft phase and 3 were scheduled, 4 were waiting for their translations for various reasons. In the last month the blog had been read 116 times and during all these years a grand total of 41104 viewings (wtff). All that has never ceased to amaze me because I've been writing this to amuse myself and I haven't advertised this anywhere. Insane stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment