Mastodon

12.8.20

A (forced) technical break

Servicing the airbrush

Lost

During the spring/summer I changed my Badger's "ultra fine" bits (tip, spray regulator and needle) to "fine", as I had once again managed to lose the tip and there weren't any spares available. At all. Not that there were countless fine ones, either, but as the storage balance said 1 instead of 0, I had little space to ponder on where to head. Also, in my use cases the ultrafineness was a tertiary level detail, because I wasn't a freehand artist nor an artist of any other sort for that matter.

Stuck

As soon as I had gotten the atomic cannon project to a state where the first subcomponents were paintable, I finally assembled my airbrush with the new bits. Apparently I had cleaned it awfully badly the previous time, because the trigger didn't budge when pressed.

After a bit of grunting, pressing, pushing and applying cleaning products I got the trigger to move again. Wisened up from a previous mess-making moment I didn't yet load the paint pot with paint, but tested just blasting air. Nope, it didn't seem correct. Next I squirted a small amount of airbrush cleaner into the paint pot, cupped my other hand over the paint container and tried again.

The liquid came out both from the actual exit point but also from the open mouth of the paint pot. Paintslposion averted. At this point my skills and also time for searching and trying out stuff was running thin, so I decided to visit my royal supplier with the device and ask some stupid questions. As it happened, I was going to go to visit the office in a couple of days from that moment, so I had a pretty good luck with the timing.

In service

At the time of me writing this the airbrush was either being serviced and cleaned, or waiting for its turn, so I was kind of waiting for an sms telling me everything was now ok or a call giving me somewhat more bothersome news. In any case I wasn't going to go to the office for the third time since mid-March in a few weeks yet, so the pickup was going to have to wait for the second half of August or early September, even.

No comments:

Post a Comment