Mastodon

19.8.20

Primebrushing

Handcrafting

While my airbrush was being taken care of by professionals I still wanted to get things forward. I used a normal paintbrush to apply the white primer onto the so far assembled modules.

I started from the business end of the cannon, the various pieces that were going to be all around the barrel and the carriage itself. As before, my primer may have seen its best days already, but I didn't think of buying a fresh one (nor a bottle of Olive Drab), while I was in a hobby store already.

This was why I had never called myself smart.

The first couple of evenings

Honestly, I had forgotten how slow - and in this case ugly - business priming models was! In the photo below one could see the results of two sessions of brushing around. I had protected all the contact points and moving parts as well as possible, as if I was working with the airbrush.

Partially primed cannon parts

As a task this was somehow unmotivating, so progress was painfully slow. Another reason for this slowness was that the real life ate lots of time while the nice weather on the summer evenings, for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment