Mastodon

16.12.20

More truck painting

Olivification, part 3

I painted the trucks excitedly, before the last layer of the replenished olive drab, I used a couple of other greens (USAF Olive Drab; one of the German Panzer greens) to cover a couple of underpainted sections. These weren't exactly what I wanted, so I toned those down with the instrucion-declared colour. The little    differences weren't something that I even wanted to undo, because I felt that even a tiny bit of life in these mostly monocoloured things was more than a good thing.

While airbrushing I also started working on the wheels (VMA 71315 Tyre Black). A number of the wheel hubs I masked off, some I didn't. I guess I had some kind of a thought process behind this, I just couldn't remember it while writing this.

Painted green vehicles

Truck painting progress

Truck painting progress

Wheels being painted

I also blasted a bit of some desert-ish, light brown to the lower halves of the cannon and the vehicles. I didn't concentrate on that work much at this point, the plan here was just to test out the colour in preparation for the actual weathering session(s).

Some desert dust on the cannon

 

No comments:

Post a Comment