Mastodon

3.5.23

Another work queue update

A surprise souvenir

To protect the innocent I've left out some details from this description 😅

A few weeks ago a colleague of mine encountered a model that caught their attention, and thought that I'd been pretty excited and talkative about tank models. Confusingly they brought a model kit and a matching set of paints as a souvenir.

I've always found the various mine-clearing addons on tanks pretty unusual-looking, so I was pretty curious to see how this one would turn out. Funny thing: I noticed that I had started thinking of how to paint and weather the mine rollers the best way, while looking at the box art.

First I needed to get the Jagdpanzer IV finished first, then do something quick for variety, before taking on this Soviet tank. I was told that these Zvezda paints were also water-soluble, so I could airbrush them on the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment