Mastodon

5.7.23

Project I/23

BattleTeching

After a somewhat intensive and involving scale model I wanted to do something quicker and simpler to pass some time. My media sources had had a surprising amount of material about Mechwarrior 5: Mercs mods and getting that on the Steam Deck started intriguing me more and more. The Humble BattleTech book bundle this Spring didn't help much either, as I now had a good pile of CBT era eBooks on top of the ones from the Clan Invasion Kickstarter.

So how to scratch an itch that already has a lot of material available? By picking up the unpainted bits and choosing what looked most fitting for the mood, of course.

A pretty heavy Star

It's been a known fact that my heart has beaten most for the 'Mechs in Mechwarrior II, because that's how I got my first dose of BattleTech. As my 3rd Falcon Talon Cluster wasn't complete, I was going to keep at it and I picked the 'Mechs from the heavier end of the scale.

The Kickstarter delivery didn't have all the essential Clanner units, or not enough of them in some cases, I had ordered two more Stars from CGL. At least last year they had any sets available for very short times in their store, they seemed to sell like bread at a circus). Of course the Omnis that I wanted in my collection were spread out to different ForcePacks, because why not. My to obtain -list contained Summoners, Hellbringers, Mad Dogs and at least a Dire Wolf and a Warhawk. The pack that contained the Warhawk I didn't order yet, a copy of each was findable from two Packs: Clan Command Star and Clan Heavy Striker Star.


From these two boxes I chose the next five Points to form this little Project:

  • Dire Wolf (Clan Command Star)
  • Gargoyle (Clan Heavy Striker Star)
  • Summoner (Clan Command Star)
  • Hellbringer (Clan Heavy Striker Star)
  • Mad Dog (Clan Heavy Striker Star) 
Generally I called this project a Command Star, even though I had preallocated them into Trinary Beta in my unit list. Somehow I had to keep track of them while all was in progress, quiaff?

No comments:

Post a Comment