Mastodon

11.10.23

Final detailings

Hex bases with their jade stripes

To keep things simple I painted the edges of the bases flat black. While I was playing with black I painted the barrels of each of the Autocannons as they were a bit too light in dark grey.

Earlier I had been thinking if I'd paint the lower third or even half of the front-facing hex edge with jade green, but based on a freehand attempt it didn't look as neat as I had hoped. I then painted the full edge in green instead.

With a bit of masking and a new layer of black those could be transformed into having a caution stripe, for example. I left these thoughts simmer while the second layer of the gloss varnish on the energy weapons was drying.

Metal pigmentage

This one was a pretty quick operation. I dropped some AK Interactive's Dark Steel pigment onto the palette and added thinner on it. When I had a thin enough liquid mixed up, I applied that on the metallic surfaces of mine. These photos were taken in a somewhat funny lighting conditions, and in general I felt the pigment didn't stand out as interestingly from the German Grey surface as from the Jagdpanzer's camouflage colours.










Despite my earlier ramblings I didn't use any acrylic water on the muddy bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment