Mastodon

3.1.24

Installations

Installing

After and despite all my ponderings I decided that I'd glue the mine rollers on before painting a thing. Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) the most difficult part of the process was getting those cables into sensemaking positions and angles. I attempted to get this solved with some glue and using a pair of tweezers as weight.

All the unpredictable and uncontrollable wobbling of the rollers bothered me, so I attempted to glue them together. Like I mentioned the last time, this wasn't going to be played and rolled on the floor or table. Especially if someone was witnessing it.

Then I was about to install the custom antenna I had made some time ago, but it was indeed too short. I lit up a candle and stretched a new piece of sprue for a new antenna. This third attempt was the best one so far.


It could've been pulled a bit thinner even, had I thought of it. I sanded the end a bit narrower and glued it into its socket to the front right corner. This one was such a narrow piece of machinery that it was difficult to catch against a dark background or with suboptimal lighting conditions.


Dry-fitting

The tank looked fine. I would have to be careful when installing the running gear and the tracks, but I didn't feel like worrying about them at all. I was feeling that confident. Later on we'd find out if that was good thing :D




Next up: priming!

No comments:

Post a Comment