Mastodon

22.5.24

Final, weird details of the pre-painted Panther

Enginerding tools

I had asked much earlier, if Project Assistant II wanted the tools painted separately and at that point the answer had been yes. So I spent a moment one evening to paint them: dark grey base for the metallic parts, and wooden parts with AK Interactive's wood set in a couple of layers. This time I went for the darker browns. Then I sorted the bits into order and superglued them on.

The superglue applicator trick

Maybe I lamented about my superglue being runnier than what I preferred the previous time I used it, and that had the habit of increasing the risks of making a mess. Now I learned from some smarter internauts. I just dropped a tiny puddle of superglue on my palette stand-in and used a bit of bent wire to apply it in places. For my requirements this was more than accurate enough, as I got the glue exactly where I wanted to.

Shovel and wire cutters, C-hook missing

Extinguisher, startup-crank, axe. C-hook 2 missing

Sledgehammer and a prybar, the top one was molded in

Especially the fine-tuning sledgehammer's handle looked fine by me. Funnily enough I hadn't realized earlier that the lump in the end was an attachment piece, but the model's owner didn't mind my silly mistake.

For some reason the Project Assistant II was very eager to get the jack installed onto the tank, even though she didn't know what and why it was. Still, I built it and obediently installed it.



Oil wash

Again with a gracious permission I added shadows with Abteilung's Sepia. I didn't go overboard, I just wanted to see and show that the details could be made pop out with a tiny bit of paint. I think it took maybe half an hour all in all, and I didn't even touch the road wheels because I didn't want to make the rainbow darker.




Now the parade of colours only missed the final touches of the artist, if it was to be had, and then a final protective layer of Humbrol's dull cote.

No comments:

Post a Comment