Mastodon

12.6.24

Project III/24

What you see is what you get

This should come as no surprise to anyone: I've always gone with the WYSIWYG mode with my BT miniatures, so if a 'Mech claimed to be the alternative configuration C or the K2 variant, then it had a corresponding amount of hardware on it. Modifying the metallic IWM minis was slightly stress-inducing, I assumed that poking these plastic CGL pieces was going to be easy. Famous last words? Probably yes.

Salvage - a random first wave OmniMech

This was my penultimate salvage box, IIRC I only had a Stormcrow (Prime) left.

Grendel/Mongrel A

I had pondered about this just a moment ago, which turned out to be three years already. The miniature a 1:1 copy of the one in the Operation:REVIVAL box's Star. This was unacceptable, so I had to do something about it. And yes, I knew that the Alpha Strike cards were just for playing but if that was talking about a certain configuration, that's what I went for instead of coming up with ideas of my own.

For comparison, an untouched miniature and its painted sibling from a few projects ago:


 
 

This project was going to be started the most fun way imaginable: reading through Sarna and some Record Sheets. Then I had to come up with how to implement the requested changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment