Mastodon

5.8.26

Gray Death hexes

Maybe suffering on Hesperus II

Once all the small stuff was out of the way this was going to be a much quicker subset. Most of the time would go to drying paint.

Mud texture

Three of the 'Mechs got a Vallejo mud texture paste stippling treatment by their feet. I didn't even think of doing footprints or anything so this was just to make the ground look not-flat. Then I painted the edges in dark grey, and when that was dry I painted some cold grey stripes on the front-facing edge.

Brick red oil painting

The difficult question was the colour of the ground that would work nicely with the deadly mercenaries. I felt that something on the red side of the spectrum would do well, so I covered the bases in Dark Brick Red (ABT220). After a couple of days of curing in the sauna I could tweak them more if needed.

After said drying time I drybrushed the bases with black grey but that felt a tiny bit weak. I let them be and applied a layer of AK's ultra matt varnish on the minis and then gave all clear pieces two layers of Vallejo's gloss varnish.


A colleague of mine suggested drybrushing the bases with black, his idea was a black-rock covered world with some red sand/dust in between the cracks. I thought I'd give it a go:



No comments:

Post a Comment