Mastodon

11.3.20

Like clumps of slush in the winterlessness

White on grey

My detailings were going to be very simple and done quickly. I painted all the targets with the gently off-white (VMA 71279 Insignia White), because it felt nicer than pure white itself. The nose cone I painted by blasting away from the airframe. Maybe I should've thought of protecting my camo paintjob by adding a second lenght of masking tape, as one could never be too careful with the overspray.


The cover of the aerial refueling system I painted from pretty close up, with small circular movements. Maybe I managed to avoid puddling this time too. Again I should've spent a tiny bit more time and materials on the covering things, just in case.

Can you imagine that had this been a tank I was painting, I wouldn't have considered doing any masking this lazily and hazardously? I just realized this silly detail while writing this post, a detail that may have been painfully obvious to the rest of you for years.


The tips of the vertical stabilizers I painted, like I planned the last time, with a piece of paper held behind the target area. It worked pretty nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment