Mastodon

8.4.20

Additional engine bit painting

A fresh layer of paint

Only when I was absolutely certain that my maskings were protecting everything as perfectly as I required, I proceeded. I airbrushed the unprotected bits with steel, just like I painted the nozzles a few posts earlier. Painting the topside pieces was easier, so it worried me considerably less than what was waiting for me on the other half of the airplane. Though, was something going to go awfully wrong on the bottom parts. repainting anything with a single colour was going to be a breeze as opposed to fixing a camouflage pattern.



Rrrrrrrrrrrrip!

As soon as I dared I ripped off the masking tape setup. The result was acceptable, I did not notice any overflow and only a couple of underpainted parts in badly visible corners. Those I could fix manually later on pretty easily.


This puzzle piece effect was curious. Maybe there was a very simple, practical reason, but the model did not betray that to me. All this bright steel was quite striking, but we weren't going to be staring at it for long, anyhow.


No comments:

Post a Comment