Mastodon

11.5.22

Metals for the default Star

Gunmetal!

All the metallic parts got a layer of gunmetal (VMA 71072 Gunmetal), as Steel and Chrome felt a bit too bright for my purposes. Of course all of this would get washed later on, but gunmetal's been reliable choice. Nomen est omen.

Timber Wolf

The classic 'Mech was simple: the tips of the lasers in the arm-mounted pods and the torso, and maybe as a bit of a surprise: this time the LRM20 launcher faces too. I didn't feel like going through the joints and such, so on this unit those remained "normally" painted.



Nova

Twelve medium lasers in the hands. If that wasn't the top of the line alpha striking stuff, I didn't want to know what wasn't.


Executioner

So far so simple, Executioner's LLasers and the Gauss cannon were pretty boringly simple to paint. Not that the model itself inspired me to greatness. Maybe the humanoid shape was one big reason?


Adder

Adder's two TC-linked ER PPCs and the mandatory flamer didn't take much paint, especially as I didn't think the flamer was clearly modeled. At least it didn't jump into my eyes.


Grendel

Yeah, Grendel offered some more fun painting moments, I gave the RT SSRM6 the same treatment as Timber Wolf's LRM racks, the ER Lasers in the arms I painted as I felt like. Somehow the RA ERLL made me feel more like it was an AC, but who was I to tell the designers what was good and what not.


 

Elementals

My Elementals only got their right arm flashlights and the claws of the left arm painted metallic. The champions of Power Armor didn't ask for much.

No comments:

Post a Comment