Mastodon

4.5.22

Some jade highlights for the default Star

3rd Falcon Talon Cluster

The trim colour of the units of the Gamma Galaxy was jade green (VGC 72026 Jade Green), so that's what I used. Some years ago I had done some highlights with noticeably large surfaces, but with this Star I decided to do lesser ones, just to avoid repetition.

Timber Wolf

Especially as this was my first CGL-made Timber Wolf, I definitely didn't want it to be too outraeous so I left the jade edges to minimum. Mostly I did the fronts of the gun pods, the sensor bits of the LRM launchers, and some bits in the legs.

 

Nova

The intake vents around the Nova's head just called for highlighting, as did a couple of the upper torso's panels. All my Points have always had some jade in their legs, so now it was the turn of the front-ankle plates.


Executioner

Again the assault 'Mech failed to inspire me. Just to do something I painted the bits around the head, and a few parts around the shoulders and thighs. I couldn't help it, Executioner has never been a thing I liked.



Adder

Somehow from this Starful of 'Mechs only the Adder's cockpit frame got to be painted in jade. As long as it didn't hoover in the PPC bolts of the enemies, it was cool. Also, Adder had the best array of panels that just invited some highlights.


 

Grendel

Interestingly Grendel was also a nice unit for the jade highlights, maybe I could've done a few more. But like I said in the beginning, I didn't want to make this gang too bright.



Elemental 1

My approach to highlighting Elementals has been simple: the front edges of the SRM2 launchers and a more noticeable layer on the Point Commander's helmet and chest so that they'd be easy to point out from the rest. While working on these buddies the paint had started drying a bit more, so I didn't dare to go for the V-viewport's brow. Maybe I could do it on another evening.

This Point had their Commander nicely front and center, ready to tear someone's liver out with their battle claw.


Elemental 2

My second Point's Commander was eagerly jumping towards the foe. A more skilled (or one who'd made a bunch of these already) maker would've maybe heated the jump jet clouds to diversify the looks of these two Points.


No comments:

Post a Comment