Mastodon

15.6.22

Stoooop the preeeesssss!

A half-secretive revelation

One of my RSS feeds contained a post where the Lego set 10303 - Optimus Prime - was revealed, and I started sharing the good news immediately. I even marked the first of June to my calendar so I'd remember to order one, to avoid the silliness of the DeLorean.

1.6.

I had to admit that despite the early wakeup for work next morning I stayed up past midnight (first local time and then Danish time), but in vain. When I got up ultraearly the next morning and had my laptop on, the set was available at last, and lego.com started slowing down only fifteen minutes later. I chose the standard delivery, as I didn't feel like paying 30€ for a couple of days of shorter waiting made any sense.

2.6.

For reasons I was actually at the office instead of working from home and my friend, who had also been ordering Lego obscenely early, had already received his box. Express delivery indeed. My order was at this point "processed" and "due to large demand the deliveries might be slower than usual". No shit.

7.6.

My box started moving at long last, from Belgium/Netherlands area. Why send things from a nearer point when you could start from afar?

10.6.

The delivery found its way to Vantaa at some point in the afternoon. Knowing courier companies, I wasn't expecting anything to happen before Wednesday, if even then.

13.6.

Despite Postnord's webui I managed to confirm that yes, I wanted my shipment that day as soon as possible, and at my door instead of some obscure pickup point or a kiosk a day or three later. They promised to deliver it during the evening, another system said they'd deliver on the 14th. Sigh.

In the evening a courier dropped the box by the door (despite me requesting a confirmed contact being made, but who counts?) and I may have been as jubilant as if I had received this in 1989. Maybe.






No comments:

Post a Comment