Mastodon

22.6.22

Project III/22

Lego 10302

Of course I started building this that same Monday evening. I didn't have an awful lot of time available, but I simply couldn't wait until the next day.

Chestbox

I really had no idea where I expected the build to begin, but apparently it started from Optimus' core with the container for the Autobot matrix of leadership. It was quite fun to see how quickly the random lump of pieces turned into something instantly recognizeable (a handful of pieces out of one and half thousand).


Center torso

Having been quick I still had some time to spare, so I kept on building. The center torso was a pretty sturdy bit and surprisingly narrow compared to the chest.

Based on the look alone I somehow expected the pelvic axle to be a bit too freely rotating, considering any kind of sensemaking posability. But after I had installed the torso part into the chest, the system felt good. Not that there was much weight to work with, with the limbs missing from both ends.

And that's as far as I got, two bags done, ten plus wheels to go (for some reason there were two non-identical #5 bags). At this rate I'd be doing this build for the rest of the week, grinning like a maniac.

Lego ideas: Cosmic cardboard adventures (40533)

Optimus wasn't alone in his transport box, there was another packet of Lego. It was one of these "buy enough and you'll get this to seal the deal" gifts, that was definitely not a bad thing. Somehow I forgot to mention this little detail in the previous, hastily and excitedly written, post.

The small lego person's room was very much filled to capacity by a cardboard box -based space fighter and a Power Loader teddy bear, and of course a kitty. Cats are good.


No comments:

Post a Comment