Mastodon

13.7.22

Finished: Project III/22

Optimus Prime

As I may have mentioned a bunch of times before, I've never really been much for cheering for the good guys in stories. Instead, I've been in the "the baddies make the stories more interesting" school of thought  since I was a young boy. Of course there have been and will be exceptions, one of the most visible exception to this rule was Optimus Prime himself.

There wasn't much good I had to say about the eighties, but the original Transformers were most definitely on the positive side of the equation. In addition to SID music and such, of course.

Around around we go

 First the traditional stiff posing photos from different angles. Enjoy:




Poor Legoptimus had a bit of a non-photogenic backside as it was, so I made him wield his jetpack. That didn't help with the buttocks or the rear plates of the arms, but at least it covered the head's hideout.



Accessorizing

Just standing around was a bit obring so I took a couple of photos with the Ion Blaster as well.



"I want *you* to join the Autobots!"

His arms/hands didn't quite rotate in enough to get him to open the chest box himself. With these joints him holding out the Autobot Matrix of Leadership didn't look the most convincing I've seen so far.


Freightliner Fl86 

Prime's alt mode in Earth was a Freightliner Fl86 truck, a cab over engine type of a truck, that is. I managed to miss that a loose 2x1 piece was left on top of the roof for the first two photos.









Fighting with Megatron

Of course I took photos of Optimus with my MP-36 Megatron! Now that I finally got to stage both the duel on the Sherman Dam from the pilot episode's second part (More than Meets the Eye, pt.2) and Megatron's jubilant moment from Transformers the Movie (1986).


Naturally they had to bicker over an Energon Cube, because that's pretty much all Megatron did for the first two seasons: energy. I didn't even try to push Soundwave (with or without his minions) into this cramped space.

I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over, Prime.

I'll always retake this photo and again when I finally get to buy myself an MP-44 v3. Of course.

 

Metal Earth Optimus

Just like all the other obvious and unavoidable photos so far, I just had to set Lego Optimus Prime to stand next to my Metal Earth Models Optimus Prime. Posing as much the same was as possible, because it wouldn't have made any sense otherwise.

 Or did any of my things here make sense, ever, anyway? :p


 

So, my collection has grown again and into a nice direction. What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment