Mastodon

7.9.22

A change of heart re: nationalities

Doubts

I really pondered on the idea of painting a lonely unit for Rasalhage and how much sense it made. To help myself I checked my archives for what I'd done with the awful-plastic -made Inner Sphere BattleMechs. I had done this pondering once already, at least.

Of course!

Draconis Combine

So, one of the five freebirth Lances was a DCMS quartet. Their group photo pretty much jumped into my eyes and almost yelled "me me me meeeeee". I considered myself properly inspired, and as everyone knew, Rasalhague was just a space-Sweden that detached itself from the Combine yesterday afternoon. So with the same ease I changed my pre-locked decision on the motherland of this Shilone.

Therefore I painted the ASF bright red (VMA 71003 Red RLM23).




 

Funny thing, the belly had space for a sick amount of bomb racks!

Shiny metal

Next I painted the obvious bits with Gunmetal: the outermost wing bulbs to represent the lasers, three sets of engine nozzles and the LRM20 launcher's front plate just behind the cockpit's lower front window. Those inner front corners of the wings I left untouched at this point, to wait for a slightly brighter metallic such as steel or chrome even. If my memory served, these plates covered the sensor- and tracking equipment.

For a short while I thought if I should paint the full engine tube from the back of the fighter as metallic (re: Su-27) but I just felt it would make this setup too bright, somehow. With the same reasoning I left the corresponding engine bits red on the bottom too.



No comments:

Post a Comment