Mastodon

28.9.22

The AeroSpace weather may be somewhat unpredictable

A weathering round

So... It really didn't make any sense to cover an AeroSpace Fighter, generally speaking, with mud, rain streaks or spacegull shit. The panel differences I ended up creating earlier were a part of the weathering process, but especially some dents and such felt to me like key ingredients.

To get one sort of dents onto the plane I used the traditional sponge methond and applied some dark grey (VMA 71056 Black Grey) here and there. Mostly I concentrated to the front edges and the larger panels. A few of the dots ended up lining up, as if they showed where some kinetic projectiles had hit.

As my second dent colour I chose an ocreish brown (VMA 71133 Dirt) that I applied randomly with varying pressure. Maybe I should've taken it easier on the horizontal stabilizers, but generally the brown brought some variety to the overall redness.



Mid review

The destruction of the paintjob was about done now, so I installed the ASF onto its pedestal for the first time. Pretty nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment