Mastodon

16.9.26

Finished: Project VIII/26

Catapult K2K

Just for the fun of it I checked my previous DCMS paintjob's post and chuckled: in 2012 I thought I'd paint more of them. It only took me about 14 years to reach the same area with my paintbrushes. The eighth Regiment was nicknamed the Jade Dragon and it, or at least its name did, represented the economy of the Draconis Combine.

The other four pillars were steel (military), ivory (religion and philosophy), teak (art and culture), and gold (the sociopolitical structure). Five pillars, thirteen Sword of Light Regiments, the last of which was logically numbered the fifteenth.

With very superficial sarnaing I assigned this one and its three non-present siblings in arms to the fifth battallion's second company's heavy Lance. None of this was actually meaningful, I just documented these for my own strange amusement.

As everyone knew, the Catapult was a Heavy 'Mech, massing 65 tons and its base model was also nicely jump-capable. Kuritas tore the Jump Jets off for their K2 model, probably to keep the heat management somewhat simpler. K2K's armament was pretty clearly visible: two ER PPCs, and also the ER Medium Lasers somewhat more hidden under the cockpit.

To keep the Particle Projector Cannon -provided heat buildup in some kind of check this 'Mech had 20 Double Heat Sinks and carried 13,5 tons of armor for protection. I gave a personal bucketful of style points, as you may have expected.

Photos

Being the first and currently the only one of its Lance there were no group photos to be taken, so individuals is what we got today.







No comments:

Post a Comment