Revell's larger scale night Swallow
As you could tell, the madness had struck me. I had contacted Tieto-Nikkari last year and asked if they had a 1:32 scale German planes to try out. My wishlist was pretty predictable, I guessed: Bf-109; Me-262; He-162 and I didn't mind the variant or model manufacturers. They had a Swallow in the shelf so I didn't need to toss a coin. This B-1/U-1 variant was a two-crew night fighter with a Neptun radar
Some ages ago I have made three of these in 1:72. One of them was the basic version (A-1a), one a camera plane (A-1a/U3), and one was the Storm Bird (A2-a) aka the fighter bomber variant. It was going to be interesting to see how over two decades showed in the end.
Pieces in bags
There was a silly amount of pieces and I left them waiting for a better moment to look at more closely. At a very quick glance this kit had at least four times the parts compared to the smaller planes.
Decals
No, they still did not call my attention. I also hadn't made myself order stencils for German numbers, so I wasn't sure if I had many options.
A peek at the instructions
First thought was that I could build it with its paws on the ground and the hatches opened. That I appreciated, even though I hadn't given a thought on how I'd want to build this plane. A standing one was nicer to photograph and I really enjoyed building and painting all the soon-to-be-hidden details. What annoyed me already was the little note telling me I had to find out 15 grams worth of tiny weights to hide inside the nose.









No comments:
Post a Comment