Mastodon

6.5.20

Armed for Anti-Aircraft Activities

6x R-27R/T

I had already shared my few thoughts about these mid-range anti-aircraft missiles, so I wasn't going to repeat all or any of that now, nor did I have anything new to add. The radar seekers I glued into the pylons along the central axis of the plane and the heat seekers went to the mid-wing pylons. The wingtip pylons were left, as previously assumed, empty.



A little difference

When the glue on the missiles had cured I applied some semiglossy varnish on them (Vallejo 70522 Satin Varnish). Based on a bunch of pics I had seen I thought this was a decent way to represent the fact that the missiles were new and therefore in more pristine condition. The gentle shine that this varnish provided wasn't jumping out strongly, one could mostly see it from a certain angle.



No comments:

Post a Comment